Why Shorthorn Irish Shorthorn Society
- Efficient Converter of Forage to Milk
- High Disease Resistance
- High Fertility
The Shorthorn cross has proven very successful, combining ease of
management, disease resistance and milk quality with desirable traits of
- Reduced vet bills
- Superior feet and leg structure
- They maintain a 356 day calving interval increasing yield and quality with every lactation until a mature cow.
- Efficient grazers that can easily adapt to varying conditions, maintaining productivity and farm income at the lowest possible expense.
- ow somatic cell count (contribution to high mastitis resistence)
- Milk yields of +8000kgs
- Milking Shorthorns also have a very desirable protein – fat ratio